But in the spirit of the excellent posts I have seen about this topic on social media over the years, here are a few of the reasons why I made my darling girl wail, cry and roll around on the floor in anger this morning.
1 . Because she couldn’t watch Frozen. Again.
2. Because I tried to peel her orange.
3. Because I wouldn’t let her blow bubbles inside the house.
4. Because she couldn’t have chocolate at 7.22am.
5. Because I took her hair bobbles off her ankles.
6. Because I wanted to change her nappy.
7. Because I asked her to brush her teeth.
All of this happened in the space of time between getting up and dropping her to nursery (approximately two hours).
But I’m pleased to say she did forgive me for all of this eventually with a hug that lasted longer than the ones she tends to give us these days. Thank goodness.
What have you done to upset your children over the years? I’d love to hear from you.